Draught Beer Academy
Sharpen Your Skills & Improve Your Knowledge!
4601 Nancy Street
Hamtramck, MI 48212
The class size is limited to twelve students to allow for ample hands-on training.
Registrations will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. IBDEA will email an acceptance notice as completed registrations are received. Do not make travel arrangements until you have received your notice of acceptance.
The class schedule is Tuesday – Thursday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and Friday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. IBDEA expects everyone to stay for the entire session; please do not schedule flights before 5:30 pm on Friday.
Day 1 Curriculum
- Introduction to Draught Dispense Systems
- Draught Equipment Hardware & Operations
- Carbon Dioxide & Carbonation Principles
- Direct Draw Design & Installation
- Pouring & Presentation
Day 2 Curriculum
- Glassware Styles & Cleaning
- Beer Foam Troubleshooting
- Beer Flow Rate & Beer Line Restriction Principles
- Remote Draw Trunk Line Design & Installation
- Draught Sensory Analysis Skills
Day 3 Curriculum
- Remote Draw Cooling System Design & Installation
- Beer Pump and CO2 Pressure Design & Installation
- Gas Mix Ratio and Pressure Design & Installation
- Bright Tank, Coil & Manifold Pressure & Restriction
- Keg-in-Series Installation and Rotation & FOBs
- Remote Draw Trunk Line Restriction Installation
Day 4 Curriculum
- Retail Dispense System Evaluation & Modification
- Troubleshooting & Resolving Dispense Issues
- Dispense System Hygiene & Maintenance
- Line Cleaning
- IBDEA Basic Draught Course Exam
- Graduation & Close 3:00 pm